Dear IPCC scientist, please read and sign the following, ASAP.
Thanks in advance, Harold
As a climate scientist who is an IPCC reviewer, author, or editor, I hereby assert, by signing my name in comments that I will never attribute any forthcoming global cooling to human economic activity.
My reasons for this are as follows:
- Talk of global cooling is pure bunk; the decade just ended is the warmest on record.
- I have made my entire career from blaming humanity for the global warming that ended 17 years ago, and it would be beneath me to switch horses mid-stream.
- There is simply no way that particulate pollution or natural variation, or both together, could swamp the effect of the incredibly powerful greenhouse gases that I have been nattering on about for all these years.
- I will never be part of any crumbling scientific consensus; it’s just not my style.
- I stated publicly that the Sun possessed minimal ability to influence terrestrial climate, and I’m sticking to my position no matter what happens.
To all IPCC scientists who elect to make this pledge, your courage is duly noted.